In the summer of 1952, eight families, feeling the Lord's leading and recognizing the need of an independent, fundamental, local New Testament church in the New Franklin, Mo area, began to consider establishing their own church. They began by holding cottage prayer meetings in their homes. Finally, McCall Hall (which is the old bank building over the old Everett's Grocery store) was rented and Stanley Black was called as the first pastor. Thus, Bible Baptist Church of New Franklin was born.
Dissatisfied to be renting a hall and wanting a church building of their own, "Let us rise and build" was the unanimous voice of the far-visioned members. Homer Jennings purchased three lots on the west side of town for the church. Much of the labor was done by the members, men and women alike, and by late fall of 1952 a basement was completed. The building was dedicated in a special service on November 16th, 1952. Lou Young was the song leader, and Missionary Roger Youderian to Auca Indians in Ecuador was the guest speaker.
Pastor Black guided his flock on a path that was new and uncharted, but the foundation was laid on the Lord Jesus Christ. After serving faithfully for four years, 1952-1956, Pastor Black left to answer the Lord's call of home missions. He currently resides in the Kansas City, MO area.
William Pettit was called as our 2nd pastor. He failthfully labored here for four years until 1960. During his ministry the second floor sanctuary was added. Pastor Pettit later became a Missionary to Mexico, where he still serves faithfully today. The church supports him as one of our missionaries. During his ministry the second floor sanctuary was added.
Pastor Pettit later became a Missionary to Mexico, where he still serves faithfully today. The church supports him as one of our missionaries.
Richard Hatfield was called as our 3rd pastor for the next 2 1/2 years until 1963 before leaving to work for Youth for Christ.
Wallace Higgins was called as our 4th pastor from 1963 until 1968. He spent 5 years laboring for souls and leading us in spiritual growth until he too was called by the Lord as a missionary to the Western United States, establishing Bible-Believing churches with Northwest Baptist Missions. He is still serving in the Western United States today
James Cowan was called as our 5th pastor and remained with us for about a year. The church parsonage was purchased that year.
Norman Mayfield followed as our 6th pastor and remained for 4 years, from 1969 to 1973. He left to take a teaching position in Tallahassee, Florida.
Vance Hicklin accepted God's calling as our 7th pastor and remained for 1 1/2 years.
Clay McNeese Jr. became our 8th pastor in 1975. The church grew and the ministry expanded. During Bro McNeese's pastorate, a real emphasis on soul-winning and evangelizing was cultivated. The Sunday School Department and the Junior Church grew, and the Bus Ministry
was established, as was the Nursing Home ministry.
Grace 'n' Glory Christian Academy was established in 1975 and it continues to this day. The Lord used the Christian School to draw many families into the church. The Lord blessed the work mightily during Pastor McNeese's leadership. In the Fall of 1981, Pastor McNeese resigned to pastor a church in Georgia. Currently he is the Pastor of the Emmorton Baptist Church in Bel Air, MD.
We were without a pastor for a little over a year. Chaplain Carroll Schoenhals, one of our home missionaries with the Rock of Ages Prison Ministry, filled in as Interim Pastor while we searched for a new pastor.
Andrew Linder became our 9th pastor in 1983. The Bible Baptist Institute had its beginnings under his ministry; a class which met twice a week to teach various Bible courses. He remained for 5 years before being called to serve in a church ministry in Greenville, South Carolina.
We were without a pastor for 18 months. Chaplain Carroll Schoenhals once again willingly stepped in as Interim Pastor.
Paul Worley from Toledo, Ohio was called as our 10th pastor on July 1, 1989. Pastor Worley started a Teen Soulwinning group and expanded the Bus Route to include Columbia. He also started two special clubs: Preacher's Pals for children under 12, and the Proverbs Club, for people 60 and older. The Proverbs Club continues today. Bro Worley remained with us until 1995, where he went to Temperance, Michigan to become an Assistant Pastor at Lewis Avenue Baptist Church.
Matthew Payne of Owensboro, Kentucky became our 11th pastor in 1996. He ministered with us for a year before starting Lighthouse Baptist Church in Boonville, MO.
Rodney Haggett of Piedmont, MO became our 12th pastor in 1997. The church experienced growth during his pastorate, and the church built a new church building to hold our growing congregation. The property was purchased in 2001, and work on the new church building was started in 2002.
The building was completed and dedicated on November 16, 2003, 51 years to the date of the original building dedication. Bro Ron Gearis preached the dedication service.
Pastor Haggett spent 17 wonderful years at Bible Baptist before accepting the call at Calvary Baptist Church in Marshall, MO in July 2014.
Tim Miller became the Pastor on January 4, 2015 and is currently serving here. The Lord has blessed so much already and we are excited about what God is doing here at Bible Baptist Church.